Having problems with your Electrolux Vacuums ?
I had a Kirby guy do a demonstration his against mine and now mine won't work.
Have you checked for a reset breaker on the motor? Or a different outlet?
- \015\0121)Determine if the power source is working properly if the Electrolux will not turn on, Make sure it has not come unplugged and that you do not have a blown household fuse. If necessary, reset the circuit breaker to regain power to the outlet.
- 2)Check all of the filters of the Electrolux vacuum if you're experiencing no suction. Remove any debris accumulated on the filter and change the filter if necessary. \015\012
- 3)Look into the hoses to determine if any blockages are affecting how well the vacuum picks ups dirt and debris. To access the hoses on an Electrolux vacuum cleaner release the fastener and remove the air tube. You can then easily get out any blockages inside of the hoses by hand. \015\012
- 4)Remove any objects that have become lodged around the brush roll if suction fails or you notice a smoky smell emanating from the cleaner. Pull out any hair or other items that may have become tangled around the roll at the base of the vacuum cleaner. You may need to cut at the objects using scissors. \015\012
- 5)Replace a worn belt if the cleaner does not pick up objects effectively. After months of regular use, you may need to replace the belt on an Electrolux. Access the worn belt by pulling out the brush roll from the base plate of the vacuum. To remove, simply pull away the belt from the spindle and wrap the new belt in its place. You'll need to thread the brush roll through the new belt before reassembling the roll to the base plate. \015\012
- ------------ \015\012
- problems with the central vac. Based on what you've told me,I would think one of two things may be happening. First: The fact the the motor will not fire back up until after a short rest period would indicate that the motor is indeed getting hot and tripping the thermal breaker inside the motor,(not to be confused with the circuit breaker "reset breaker" one sees mounted to the main unit housing)or that the thermal breaker itself has become defective. Seeing how you indicate the unit has good suction and air flow when running, excessive heat, if that is indeed the case could be caused by a failing motor field and/or armature. In either case, the motor will need to be replaced. NOTE: Check and double check that all filters are clean and breathing well. A quick way to rule out bad filter(s) is to remove the dirt container and filter from the vacuum unit. With these removed, plug your hose into any of the wall valves as if you would during normal operation. Of course, there will be no air flow at the hose. Let the unit run for at least 15 min's. After about 15 min's unplug the hose thereby turning the unit off. Wait about 2 min's. and plug the hose back into wall valve. If after doing this you experience the same problem you'll know for sure that obstructions and/or bad filter(s) are not to blame. Pay close attention to the unit during the initial running. Any flashing and/or sparking coming from the motor, or a heavy ozone smell indicates motor failure. If these symptoms are noticed, turn motor off at once!
Second: The units control circuit may have been damaged by transient voltage from the lightning strike. The control circuit is located inside the main unit towards the top and consists of a control relay, transformer, and reset breaker working in unison. The control circuit used in your unit is an "all in one" unit. If one part of that unit fails, the entire unit must be replaced. Several tests can be done to check integrity of the control circuit, but best suited to a qualified tech. \015\012
- -------- \015\012
- this will help.please do rate the solution.thank you for using fixya.keep updated.thanks.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for Electrolux Vacuums
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.
Suggested Questions/Answers :
I had a Kirby guy do a demonstration his against mine and now mine won't work.
Have you checked for a reset breaker on the motor? Or a different outlet? ... Electrolux Vacuums
Kirby foam sprayer attachment wont work
Hello,\015\012The trigger on the suds gun needs to be turned (to the left, I believe) to open up the sprayer. Also, make sure that the straw is firmly inserted into the hole in the bottom of the lid part. Hope this helps,\015\012Marci ... Kirby G6 Bagged Upright Vacuum
Hoover UH70120 WindTunnel TSeries problems with the cord. im a tech savy guy and have been trying to fix a cord after it was pulled to far out and now wont auto retract, but just cant find a way to pull the cord rewind mechanism out to work on it. Any advice
You will probably have to replace the cord winding mechanism. I have never had any luck trying to repair one. Cord retracters are great when they work but it seems like they always go bad before too long. On many units you can't even replace the cord ... Hoover UH70120 WindTunnel TSeries Rewind Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
I shampooed my carpet and later that day went to use the Kirby Sentria and it wont turn on... it has always worked fine up to this moment, what could be wrong?
Specifically the bag attachment area. There is a detent on the bag boot that depresses a safety switch. Make sure the bag boot is rotated clockwise into its seated position. ... Kirby Heritage II Vacuum
I am wondering if there is a reset button on the g4 kirby vacuum? I used it 2 days ago works good and today wont even turn on and I have tried several outlets in my house
Hello Sheri_stange.Unfortunately, there's no reset button on this vacuum. What you can do is make sure that the brush roll housing and the bag unit are on firmly as there's a safety switch that will disable the Vacuum to turn on if either ... Kirby G4 Bagged Upright Vacuum
Kirby g4 i cant get the belt back on try and still wont work ? can u help me
First things first...take the powerhead off of the front of the kirby. If you look at where the powerhead connects to the front of the kirby and you'll see a large hook...turn the hook using the crank on the front of the powerhead so that the belt is ... Vacuums
Kirby wont come back on checked outlet its ok
If you are refitting the shampoo tank, you havent turned it far enough. There is a safety switch that must lock ... Kirby Ultimate G Bagged Upright Vacuum
Pickup water wont pickup the water after putting it down very little comes up into the tank .it worked fine when we baught it but after not useing it for some time it worked now it wont **** water up at all can anybody help.
The clear shroud covering the front of "hood" has two sheet metal type screws at the bottom in front of the brushes, these two screws also hold the little straight brushes ( one on each side) in place. I found one of these screws had broken it's plas ... Hoover F6020-900 SteamVac Upright Vacuum
Kirby sucked up a sock and now does not work
KIRBY VACUUM REPAIR HOW TO REPLACE THE FAN IMPELLER ... Kirby Ultimate G Bagged Upright Vacuum
My Brother XL4030 wont swtich from bobbin winding to sewing - bobbin winding works but when i switch to sewing just wont work
Kirby g7d wont go into tech drive
... Kirby G5 Bagged Upright Vacuum
DC07 brush wont spin on bottom, took all apart and wont work
Hithe belt is broken or stretched, replace it ... Dyson DC07 Bagless Upright Cyclonic Vacuum
Kirby Sentria I bought my kirby sentria just before we were to move house and although I have the instructions somewhere, they will be boxed up and I so want to clean the carpets before I move. Problem is that I don't know whether the belt should be on or off when using the big silver front with the Kirby insignia on it. I know that the green light should come on when it is working properly and it does not, so I am doing something wrong. I can attach the attachments no problem but I want to use
If the green light is off, then its time to replace the band. This video shows you how. ... Kirby Ultimate G Bagged Upright Vacuum
I HAVE A SET OF ANDIS AGC CLIPPERS WHICH I HAVE HAD FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS. WHEN I CAME TO CUT MY DOG THIS TIME THEY STOPPED WORKING & WILL ONLY WORK BRIEFLY IF I TIP THEM UPSIDE DOWN OR SHAKE THEM SLIGHTLY. IF I HOLD THEM THE CORRECT WAY UP THEY WONT WORK.
Inside the clipers there is a spring switch,,its broken? or all the vibration in the clipers has shook a wire off inside,,,in short its time for a new set of clipers,, ... Vacuums
The headlight on my Kirby doesn't work!
A few problems exist in this situation.\015\012A. Is the bulb you put in a genuine kirby part?\015\012If not it is probally not the correct anperage.\015\012B. Are the little medal pieces on the end lined up correctly? If not adjust ... Kirby Generation 3 Bagged Upright Vacuum
G5 kirby's drive feature isn't working
A gear set and drive belt are not that expensive and easy to install. You can find them here \012\0 ... Kirby G5 Bagged Upright Vacuum
Tray wont stay connected to kirby - Kirby Ultimate G Bagged Upright Vacuum
Here is a guide for the shampooer...follow it exactly and it should help. Please remember to rate it if it's helpful! :0)\015\012\015\012 ... Kirby Ultimate G Bagged Upright Vacuum
Kirby how do you change the bag on a kirby heritage 1hd? also what kind of bags do you use?the vacuum was given to me and it works great,but i do not have a book on it.
Kirby style 2 bags if it is indeed a bagged unit, some where special order with what is called a shake out bag, if your outer bag has a short zipper with a cloth pocket it is a shake out bag in which you take the assembly loose from the machine and o ... Vacuums
My kirby wont start - Kirby Vacuums
Check the plug,then check the switch. ... Kirby Vacuums
Our Dyson upright vaccumms beater bar wont move. the vaccumm will **** up air but the bar underneath wont move. The gears are not working property.
It could be the clutch that's causing the problem or the belt. Bring your vacuum to a local repair shop and have it look at, but it sounds like it could be either one of those problems. ... Dyson DC07 Animal Bagless Upright Cyclonic Vacuum
My kirby just stopped working for no apparent reason. Everything seems in order but it won't switch on. I changed the fuse but this wasn't the cause. Any ideas why it isn't working?
It has a plug that attach's to the vacume itself , then that attach's to the wall, check that, try different outlets ... Kirby G5 Bagged Upright Vacuum
Kirby g6 My kirby is running louder than usual. Kind of like its screaming instead of running now. Its working fine, but the noise is really unbearable. What could it be?
Could be the bearings, especially if the machine is old or the dust filters have not been replaced regularly.\015\012Check to see if the noise is still present after the machine winds down when the power is turned off. A rattling sounds means b ... Kirby G6 Bagged Upright Vacuum
No Suction My two year old Kenmore Progressive stopped working in January. The guy at the Sears service center convinced me that buying a new one would be cheaper than getting it fixed. So I bought the exact same model and now this one has given out in the exact same way! I'm so confused. When I press on, it lights up and makes the whirring noise. Everything seems to be working but there is no suction anywhere. Not in the main part or the hose and there's no "cyclone effect" in the chamber. All
Try looking within the vacuum to see where the suction is getting stuck at. You may have to do some disasselbmeing but this is a manufacturers problem. You should also try to speak to the manager at the support and make a big dispute until you get yo ... Kenmore 31913 Progressive Direct Drive Bagged Upright Vacuum
Hoover F7431-900 my carpet shampooer/steam vac was working fine until the brushes at the bottom of it just miraculously stopped working. they wont spin at all. Is this a motor problem? perhaps a water flow problem? please write back if you can be of any help. thanks
If the screen is not dirty, and the flapper valve to the turbine inlet is open, then the problem is mostly a stuck turbine impeller. The turbine impeller on my F7431-900 has seized TWICE!! The shaft for the turbine is not made of stainless steel, t ... Hoover F7431-900 SteamVac Vacuum
Scuncii Steamer wont work wont blow steam anymore
It is probably clogged with rust or limescale - can happen with steam cleaners. Sadly there's no way around this but to try a limescale remover in distilled water such as Calgon limescale remover. Fill the kettle as normal and give it time to boil up ... Scunci 52067 Handheld Steam Vacuum